I’m being friends with this cool girl who has a blog that’s introspectivy with words, not with drawings like me. That is not how we roll here at She Sure is Sketchy, but I like it. Jerry and I kicked back and watched about five hours of In the Actor’s Studio the other day. Here is the marriage of the two.
- What is your favorite word? magic
- What is your least favorite word? Don’t
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Tracy effing Chapman
- What turns you off creatively, spiritually or emotionally? rules
- What sound or noise do you love? the tearing of velcro, the clip clop of stilleto heels on cobblestone, always and forever the crash of the sea on the sand
- What sound or noise do you hate? angry yelling, Chris Martin, canned laughter
- What is your favorite curse word? I’m particularly fond of the word ‘bitch’. example: This rain is a total bitch.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’d like to work with animals maybe in a zoo, but maybe in the wilds of Africa
- What profession would you not like to do? I would hate to be a lawyer and have to defend things that I have to know are bad or wrong
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well, look that wasn’t that hard, was it?
So here’s where I should probably stop, but everyone is doing this 25 things on facebook. I haven’t decided how I feel about that kind of sharing on that site. I feel much more at ease sharing on my blog. I have been thinking about some random things about me and sense I am being introspectivy today. I thought I’d get it kicking here for a horse of a different color.
- I want to hate Katy Perry. I just can’t. This annoys me.
- I’m terrified by heights and escalators.
- I know how to make horse shoes
- I’m actually really effing good at making horse shoes
- If I could take any work of fiction, film, musical score or character that’s ever been and claim it as my own, I’d pick Bill Watterson’s Calvin and Hobbes and I wouldn’t think twice.
- When I was five I used to go to the bathroom in kindergarten and cry uncontrollably while I slid down the wall ala Lifetime Movie. Usually my tears were for the world. The most memorable time I cried because the whales were going extinct and my future children might never see whales
- I cared a lot more about my future children at five than I do now. Hand me that electric blanket.
- I still believe in Santa Claus.
- I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue. Twin Peaks inspired me to add this to my repertoire. I don’t really like cherries, but I like being able to do this.
- My BFA is in film with an emphasis in animation. I always thought I’d use this to create an independent masterpiece of genius. Lately I just really want to direct a GAP commercial.
- Growing up my bedroom was closer to the beach than it was to the living room. I’m sometimes envious of kid-me.
- I have the movie ‘The Parent Trap’ memorized in its entirety
- I fall in love at first sight
- I have a book of tattoo ideas in my sock drawer
- I have no tattoos
- I sleep in the shape of the letter K
- I can’t seem to pass a golden retriever without stopping to shake hands and make their acquaintance
- I have a weakness for the kind of boys that can pull off Buddy Holly glasses.
- You can bet your ass I would never ever spell Panic! At The Disco without the exclamation point.
- I moved to NYC at 18 for the music and the art. That’s why I’m still here. Also cheese shops on Smith.
- I’m crazy allergic to mangos.
- I have a novel half way written in a sketchbook at the bottom of a pillowcase. It’s called “surviving ebola”.
- I would rather my jewelry be plastic or platinum
- I pick up six pack tops of soda cans when I am walking in the city and when I get home I slash them to bits
- someday I’m going to sail the world
OK that’s enough introspection for forever. Sheesh this is exhausting no wonder She Sure is Sketchy is more about the ART.
Categories: Idle Talk